WHAT IS IT?
Distance Learning is a teacher supported, multimedia learning program for adult learners who are unable to attend regularly scheduled classes. The project is designed for adult students interested in improving basic skills in reading, writing and math, workplace skills and GED preparation. Assessment, orientation, training and ongoing contact and support are important parts of the program. Students identify learning goals and create a learning plan with the help of an instructor. Study is self-paced and progress followed and supported throughout the program.
• Have a working email address and ability to use it.
• Have access to a computer with high speed internet service and ability to use both.
• Physically attend a class for 12 hours-for Registration, TABE testing and
• Make a commitment to be able to work at least 3 hours each week on lessons.
• Set Goals and review and adjust as needed.
• Review available Approved Distance Learning Programs, select one or more and
become familiar with each.
• Communicate weekly with your teacher/mentor by phone, email, or personal